Suggested FYE 105 Assignments
Below are some suggested assignments and supplemental for FYE 105 classes taking the TypeFocus modules.
Assignment: Personality Motto Collage
To allow students to creatively showcase their personality mottos.
- Instructor should review the TypeFocus personality assessment and the meanings of the letter types.
- Instructor should direct students to bring in magazines and a poster board to create the collage.
- Instructor should require students to present their personality motto posters to their class.
- Collage creation: 30-45 minutes
- Presentation of posters: 30-45 minutes (depending on class size)
Copies of personality motto directions for all students.
Assignment can be given in class or for homework. It is recommended that students discuss and/or present their posters during class.
Assignment: Career Timeline
To allow students to reflect on past career aspirations, current education plans, and future career attainment goals.
- Instructor will lead the class in a discussion about how career paths change.
- The instructor may want to fill out their career timeline by thinking back to when they had just entered college. They may discuss how they ended up in their current career.
- The instructor may lead the class through the activity, or the activity maybe done individually or in pairs. If done in pairs, students should interview each other and use the timeline as a guide for questions.
10 - 15 minutes
Career timeline worksheets (pdf) for the class.
Assignment: Creating S.M.A.R.T. Career Goals
To aid students in establish specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and tangible career goals that will optimize their success!
- Instructor should explain the benefits of goal setting.
- Instructor will explain what S.M.A.R.T. Goals are and review the explanation sheet with the class.
- Instructor can determine whether the activity is done in class or as an assignment.
20 - 30 minutes if the instructor decides the activity will be completed during class time.
S.M.A.R.T. Goals worksheets (pdf), including the explanation, occupation and education goal sheet, and the goal statement sheet.
In class or as an assignment.