2024 AJGA Internships
Are you looking for an internship in the sports industry that gives you the opportunity to travel, build network connections, and gain valuable experience to push your career forward? The American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) is accepting applications for the 2024 Spring and Summer Internship program!
You'll be working in a team dynamic daily, traveling to numerous championship golf courses helping conduct over 130 tournaments, and will have ample networking opportunities, which is the backbone of being successful in the sports industry. For each season, the following positions are available:
- Execute social media plan, shoot/edit photography and video and write and publish website stories.
- Work with local media and facilitate sponsor branding.
- Officiate on-course, starting and scoring of players, and tournament execution.
- General tournament set-up, execution, and breakdown of tournaments
- Officiate on-course, starting and scoring of players, enforcing Pace of Play
- Operate and maintains company vehicles and equipment inventory
AJGA interns are paid and can use the internship for school credit if applicable. All travel and lodging are covered along with some food costs during the duration of the internship. The AJGA only hires full-time from the program, which 86% of our staff participated in.
Dates of Importance
- Spring Internship
- Internship runs from March 4 – May 7
- Application due October 16
- Summer Internship
- Internship runs from May 13 – September *End dates can be accommodated based on return to school.
- Application due January 5
Traveling the country isn’t for everyone, so the AJGA does offer in-house internships at our National Headquarters in Braselton, GA in the following departments: Communications, Player Services and Finance. Applications will open December 4 for these opportunities and more details can be found on our website.
To learn more and apply for the opportunity, visit AJGA Careers and follow along with us via @AJGACareers on Instagram and Twitter or contact Sydney Della Flora, Manager of Recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AJGA Mission Statement: The AJGA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the overall growth and development of young men and women who aspire to earn college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf.
AJGA Diversity & Inclusion Statement: The AJGA is committed to creating an engaging, safe, and inclusive environment. We welcome people from all backgrounds and believe by embracing diverse perspectives, we are better equipped to accomplish our mission of developing golf’s next generation.