Faculty & Staff
The CREW Career Center has many services and resources available for Jefferson Community and Technical College Faculty & Staff, including workshops, career assessments for FYE 105 students, and a job board where you can post student worker positions.
FYE 105: Career Assessment Modules #section
FYE 105 classes are required to complete the TypeFocus Career Assessment, and online career planning modules. Learn about the modules and prep for the assignment here.
Request a Workshop #section
We have many workshop offerings aimed at helping students with their career development. These workshops can be adapted for your specific academic program. Below are our common workshop topics and request guidelines:
- Overview of Resume Writing Formatting and Tips
- Interviewing Preparation
- Professional Etiquette
- Introduction to Career Exploration
- Marketing Yourself Online
- Make your workshop request at least 2 weeks in advance. We will make every effort to accommodate your request. However, due to limited staffing, we may not be able to meet every request.
- Workshops cannot be scheduled for the week before or the first week of fall and spring semester classes.
- Instructors must be present at the workshop. Instructor presence encourages student engagement and participation
Subscribe to Our eCommunity #section
This Blackboard eCommunity contains additional resources that you will find useful. You can receive suggested activities and quizzes your students can complete after attending a CREW workshop and there are several activities for FYE 105 faculty requiring their students to submit resumes to the Resume Dropbox. We are continuing to expand this eCommunity, so additional information will be posted soon.
Steps to Enroll
1) Click on eCommunity under the Blackboard tab on JCTC's homepage.
2) Type in "Jefferson_CREW_Career_Center" in the Organizational Search box (located in the top left hand corner of the page).
3. Click on the "Organizational ID."
4. Click on the "Enroll" now that you are in the eCommunity page.
5. Click Submit.
Your request will then be approved to utilize the resources.
Complete the "Am I Job Ready?" Soft Skills Online Training #section
It's important for students to test their soft skills to learn about the skills they have and what skills they still need to develop for their desired career. Your students can follow the steps below to take full advantage of the resources on this website:
1. Click here to register on "Am I Job Ready?" You do not need an access code to register.
2. Complete the "Job Ready" section. In this section, you will be able to test your soft skills.
3. Complete "Develop Your Soft Skills" section. In this section, you will watch a series of videos in which you will learn about using and improving your soft skills.
Request a Mock Interview Event #section
We have several types of mock interviews you can request including in-person, video interviewing using Skype, and phone interviews. The interview questions can be tailored to reflect common questions asked of candidates in your students’ desired career field. Below are our requested guidelines:
- Submit a mock interview event request at least 4 weeks in advance. We will make every effort to accommodate your request. You can also schedule an interviewing preparation workshop to assist your students in preparing for the event.
- Mock Interview events cannot be scheduled for the month of August or January due to the beginning of fall and spring semester classes.
- The coordinating faculty/staff member will receive a link to an online scheduling tool at least two weeks prior to the event. It is the faculty/staff member’s responsibility to distribute this link to their students. This scheduling link will allow your students to sign up for an interview timeslot and will also provide the student with information to help them prepare for the service.
- Instructors must require students to preregister for the event. A minimum of 5 students must be registered for the event by the registration deadline or it will be cancelled.
- Students who complete a Skype or phone interview will receive feedback and resources via the email account they use to register for the event within 24 hours of the appointment. Students who complete an in-person mock interview will receive a hard copy of their feedback at the conclusion of the interview.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the CREW Center within 3 business days after submitting your request.
Post an On-Campus Position #section
Let us help you advertise your on-campus jobs to all JCTC students. Post your paid and unpaid on-campus employment opportunities on our Student Employment Job Board. These postings are not federal work study positions.
Student Worker Supervisor Training #section
As a supervisor, you must complete these training modules prior to the beginning of the first semester you supervise a student employee.