Faculty & Staff
The CREW Career Center has many services and resources available for Jefferson Community and Technical College Faculty & Staff, including online workshops, career assessments for FYE 105 students, and a job board where you can post student worker positions.
FYE 105: Career Assessment Modules #section
FYE 105 classes are required to complete the TypeFocus Career Assessment, and online career planning modules. Learn about the modules and prep for the assignment here.
Request an Online Workshop #section
We offer several online workshops aimed at helping students with their career development that can be utilized with in-person and distance learning courses through Blackboard. Below are the workshop topics and request guidelines:
- Introduction to Career Exploration
- Introduction to Resume Writing, Formatting, and Tips
- Interviewing Preparation
- Professional Etiquette
- Marketing Yourself Online
Steps to Access the Online Workshop
- Complete the Online Workshop Request Form by clicking on the button below.
- Join the CREW Career Center Blackboard Organization to preview workshop videos and access additional workshop resources.
- After reviewing your request, a CREW Counselor will reply to the email listed and confirm your request within 5-7 business days.
Subscribe to the CREW Blackboard Organization #section
The CREW Career Center Blackboard Organization contains additional resources that you will find useful. You can receive Online Workshop videos and suggested activities and quizzes your students can complete after viewing a workshop.
Steps to Enroll in the CREW Blackboard Organization
Click on the following link to learn how to enroll in the CREW Career Center Blackboard Organization.
Request a Mock Interview Event #section
We have several types of mock interviews you can request including in-person, video interviewing using MS Teams, and phone interviews. The interview questions can be tailored to reflect common questions asked of candidates in your students’ desired career field. Below are our requested guidelines:
- Submit a mock interview event request at least 6 weeks in advance. We will make every effort to accommodate your request. You can also schedule an interviewing preparation workshop to assist your students in preparing for the event.
- Mock Interview events cannot be scheduled for the month of August or January due to the beginning of fall and spring semester classes.
- The coordinating faculty/staff member will receive a link to an online scheduling tool at least two weeks prior to the event. It is the faculty/staff member’s responsibility to distribute this link to their students. This scheduling link will allow your students to sign up for an interview timeslot and will also provide the student with information to help them prepare for the service.
- Instructors must require students to preregister for the event. A minimum of 5 students must be registered for the event by the registration deadline or it will be cancelled.
- Students who complete an MS Teams or phone interview will receive feedback and resources via the email account they use to register for the event within 24 hours of the appointment. Students who complete an in-person mock interview will receive a hard copy of their feedback at the conclusion of the interview.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the CREW Center within 3 business days after submitting your request.
Post an On-Campus Position #section
Let us help you advertise your on-campus jobs to all JCTC students. Post your paid and unpaid on-campus employment opportunities on our Student Employment Job Board. These postings are not federal work study positions.