Faculty & Staff
The CREW Career Center has many services and resources available for Jefferson Community and Technical College Faculty & Staff, including workshops, career assessments for FYE 105 students, and a job board where you can post student worker positions.
FYE 105: Career Assessment Modules
FYE 105 classes are required to complete the TypeFocus Career Assessment, and online career planning modules. Learn about the modules and prep for the assignment here.
Request a Workshop
We have many workshop offerings aimed at helping students with their career development. These workshops can be adapted for your specific academic program. Below are our common workshop topics and request guidelines:
- Overview of Resume Writing Formatting and Tips
- Interviewing Preparation
- Professional Etiquette
- Job Search/Networking
- Introduction to Career Exploration
- Marketing Yourself Online
- Make your workshop request at least 2 weeks in advance. We will make every effort to accommodate your request. However, due to limited staffing, we may not be able to meet every request.
- Workshops cannot be scheduled for the week before or the first week of fall and spring semester classes.
- Instructors must be present at the workshop. Instructor presence encourages student engagement and participation
Request a Mock Interview Event
We have several types of mock interviews you can request including in-person, video interviewing using Skype, and phone interviews. The interview questions can be tailored to reflect common questions asked of candidates in your students’ desired career field. Below are our requested guidelines:
- Submit a mock interview event request at least 4 weeks in advance. We will make every effort to accommodate your request. You can also schedule an interviewing preparation workshop to assist your students in preparing for the event.
- Mock Interview events cannot be scheduled for the month of August or January due to the beginning of fall and spring semester classes.
- The coordinating faculty/staff member will receive a link to an online scheduling tool at least two weeks prior to the event. It is the faculty/staff member’s responsibility to distribute this link to their students. This scheduling link will allow your students to sign up for an interview timeslot and will also provide the student with information to help them prepare for the service.
- Instructors must require students to preregister for the event. A minimum of 5 students must be registered for the event by the registration deadline or it will be cancelled.
- Students who complete a Skype or phone interview will receive feedback and resources via the email account they use to register for the event within 24 hours of the appointment. Students who complete an in-person mock interview will receive a hard copy of their feedback at the conclusion of the interview.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the CREW Center within 3 business days after submitting your request.
Post an On-Campus Position
Let us help you advertise your on-campus jobs to all JCTC students. Post your paid and unpaid on-campus employment opportunities on our Student Employment Job Board. These postings are not federal work study positions.
Student Worker Supervisor Training
As a supervisor, you must complete these training modules prior to the beginning of the first semester you supervise a student employee.